segunda-feira, 20 de junho de 2011

PCP II - Skipping turns Brazilian in the park

So this evening I was verrrry tired from a business trip to Hokkaido at the weekend, then a  late class. I thought I would just do some jumps and maybe 8-minute abs, a strangely addictive workout program. Instead, I decided to do the 'short maintenance workout' that I received on completion of the PCP program. Only with the addition of a bit of jinga, amarda, and martelo kicks.

One of issues I faced in the early days of PCPing was feeling self conscious about exercising, specifically jump roping or as my friend Hayden insists, 'skipping'. You can't avoid doing it in front of someone as you have to go outside. I got to skip early in the morning and strike up conversations with dog walkers, people sweeping the park, my neighbours, and it was lovely. I kept skipping outside, including one memorable morning on the platform at Kozu station. But I am still a bit self conscious as it just isn't something anyone does! Odd that if you go to a gym then you do exercise in front of everyone and you do see people checking each other out....Oh, to be a gay man!

This evening I did my jumps and then played around with some capoeira moves. The gravel in the park makes it unsuitable for any acro or 'upside-down' time, but the few moves were enough to break the ice. I need to be doing this much more if I'm going to get higher kicks and more control. Looking forward to the next class on Thursday and seeing what Cacapa has for us!

Um comentário: