segunda-feira, 13 de junho de 2011

Feeling stretched

I feel a little bit like I did in the first few weeks of the PCP, which is worry that I'm getting into something far beyond my capability. Of course, that is exactly the reason TO get into it. To keep it simple, I've decided to try to replicate the PCP program in the sense of it being like a project, slightly obsessive, and with a fixed end point. This bit is easy at least - the trip to Brazil and then a capoeira camp in August 20th. It's now June 14th which works out at 10 weeks.

Every day, I want to follow PCP principles too, they will help me stay strong and rested. I want to get to class once a week even though I've got a tough schedule with work. If I can get to a roda or event that's even better. This blog is going to be part of how I get myself ready for the festivals - in Brazil and with my group. I want to have a few songs that I can sing with a strong voice and know the meaning. I'd also like to be able to have enough vocabulary to enjoy the classes with Brazilians. This will mean attuning my ear a bit more. I've started listening to a podcast called 'Cafe Brazil' which has awesome music and conversation in Portuguese. Of course, it doesn't make sense, but I'm picking up words here and there. Finally taking my advice I give students!

There's a lot to do and I feel a bit overwhelmed. I'm going to ask Cacapa to recommend a few key songs to learn, and to get my berimbau strung again. That's another sorry story....

It's odd that other hobbies/past times haven't really made me want to think this much about how to improve. I've just shown up and had a bit of a laugh. I do laugh during capoeira classes and have fun too, but for some reason, this has got to me a bit. I want to take it seriously, but without being earnest. This is a new experience for me.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário